You will find travel agencies that are still controlling travels and tour packages by hand. A lot of papers are wasted daily to evaluate tours and collaboration among departments within the travel agencies is tough.
Walk in a typical travel agent and also you see stack of papers in stock with all of tour itineraries, some might be also outdated. If you’re fortunate enough, you receive a good prices for the tour since the travel agent didn’t update the prices or tours on the real-time basis. Primary challenges for travel agencies include business procedures, costings and worker management.
Business Procedures Challenges
– Updates of holiday packages weren’t applied across all departments and branches, affecting front desk employees selling packages with old prices – incurring deficits
– Damage to front desk employees to evaluate updates because there weren’t any online, centralized database
– Break-lower in communications among departments and difficulty to speak among branches
– Considerable amount of papers used and inefficient printings for holiday packages and itineraries – incurring extra overheads
– Employees have to work extra hrs to accomplish checkings and coordination by hand – incurring extra employees wages
– Communications using traditional techniques including faxes, scans, telephone calls and home phones incurring additional costs
Worker Management Challenges
– Fraud of employees punching cards for one another, making deficits for added overtime repayments
– Foliage is handled by hand without precision and frequently miscalculated
– Additional employees needed every finish of month to calculate working hrs to compute payroll
Travel Agent Management System What’s Good?
For any travel agent management system to operate, it ought to a minimum of possess the below features. I’m, however, generalizing according to typical travel agencies which still operate by hand in Malaysia. For just about any IT systems to operate, it ought to solve the greatest challenges and bottlenecks inside your business. And so the below list is simply a general one. Real-time, centralized travel itineraries and uploading of tour files
– The travel agent management system should have the ability to centralize data and real-time for you to allow uploads of tour files for fast viewing, real-time information across whole company, branches as well as with exterior agents, also permitting front desk employees to disseminate information precisely.
Ideally integrated with back-finish system
– Should business procedures become your primary challenge, then your system should integrate with back-finish system including although not restricted to payroll, time attendance system, e-leave management system, billing, accounting and financial implementation, crm and loyalty programs to mention a couple of.
Payroll calculation and overtime for workers
– At month-finish, salaries is going to be headache especially at agencies that also pay overtime for unpredictable time-table. A built-in system with payroll for calculation of fundamental salary, overtime and allowances helps you to save costs and time.
Audit log files for transactions
– Security can also be important therefore the travel agent management system should have the ability to monitor transactions by viewing transaction history or audit logs of every amendment done.
Ideally with multiple payment types
– Clients will usually purchase an excursion with numerous techniques so a travel agent solution should allow multiple payment types including by cash, cheque, direct transfer, charge card or tele transfer
Connect and keep centralized subscriber base having a CRM system
– Particulars of clients registered for tours ought to be kept in a typical database for much better crm.